5.01.2009

27 weeks and counting.........

We had our normal doctor's appointment today. This lovely appointment included the glucose test. I was a little nervous about the liquid that I had to drink prior to the appointment. I was told it would task like flat orange soda. I like orange soda so in that case I would be good but you never know with things like that if it will truly taste as they say or a really bad version of what they compare it to. Well it wasn't bad at all. I was really good about the other sugars I took in today in hopes that I would only have to do the 1-hour test and not the 3-hour test. I love when Livi is active. I actually catch myself laughing when she moves a lot because it looks as though there are many aliens moving around in my belly. So what do you get when you give a pregnant woman a cup of pure sugar..........many many aliens in the belly. Livi went haywire. She was all over the place and I couldn't help but laugh at how weird my belly looked. According to the doctor, she has moved up slightly since the last appointment, which I could have told him since my right rib has been taking a pretty good beating for the past week. He describes the kicks as taps of the toes but my ribs beg to differ. I am amazed at how much punch someone so small can pack. Her movements have gotten bigger as well. There have been occasions where she has completely stopped me in my tracks. They also hooked me up to the monitor again to see if the contractions had changed. We are doing much better there as well. Basically, I am experiencing irritable contractions, which he thinks are more likely Braxton Hicks. More than likely I will experience them for the rest of my pregnancy but they shouldn't cause any trouble. He also gave me the green light to play golf. Most of you know how much I love to play and the thought of not playing was really annoying. The only restriction is that I use a cart rather than walk. So overall the appointment was a great one!! Now we just have to wait to see if I passed the test. Keep your fingers crossed.

Some notes from Week 27...........
Cravings.........Juice Stop or at least my homemade version of it, Raspberry Yogurt, Crushed Ice
Aversions............can't think of too many things
How I feel...........like a little round pregnant lady with sore ribs but filled with so much love for this amazing little girl, my daughter!!
Interesting fact.............we are within 90 days of meeting our little Miss Alivia Miyoko
Next Appointment.........May 19, 2009 at 30 weeks

No comments: