5.22.2009

Prayers for the Osterday Family

Today we lost a very special person in our lives. Elaine Osterday went home to God this morning. She lost her battle with cancer and is finally at peace. Elaine was my neighbor across the street from my home in Sidney since before I was born. She was my piano teacher, my friend, an additional mother figure, a gardener, a seamstress, a crafter, amongst many other things but most of all she was a part of our family. I have so many wonderful memories growing up on Laredo Lane and most of them are some how or another connected to Elaine and Dick. They have always been such amazing people to our family, especially to my mom. The funeral is probably going to take place on Wednesday. Sadly, I will not be able to attend because I am no longer allowed to travel outside of an hour of Omaha but I will be there in spirit and heart. Please keep her family and ours in your prayers this weekend as we say goodbye to a very amazing woman.

Blessed be the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort others. --2 Corinthians 1

No comments: