I do an online gratitude list with a group of women on a daily basis. It is an awesome way to always remember the big and little things that God blesses us with each day. It is often too easy to think about the things that are going wrong or things to complain about but amazingly life seems so much better when you think about things to be grateful for or for which we are blessed. I was thinking today about the many things that I could complain about and then I was reminded to go back to gratitude. I always thought that I would love being pregnant. Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate being pregnant but it is definitely different than what I expected. I imagine some of this has to do with the things that they don't tell you about pregnancy, as well as the fact that it was difficult to get here and the fact that we have had a few bumps since. I have found myself getting caught up in things to complain about over the last couple weeks ......the contractions, the weight gain (aka nothing fitting normal), swollen ankles, shortness of breath, aching ribs, aching body, etc. It is always about that time that I get a love tap from inside reminding me of our little miracle from God - Alivia Miyoko. I then am renewed with this overwhelming feeling of gratitude. In less than 90 day we will get to meet our beautiful daughter that we have been so graciously blessed. With this we are beyond blessed.
So in thinking about all of this I want to share my gratitude list with all of you.
Today, I thank God for..........
* a new day
* a thriving, healthy baby girl on the way
* baby kicks - no matter how much my ribs hurt
* the ability to be pregnant and carry Alivia
* the road that brought us to today
* the many challenges we have overcome
* a hard working, loving, dedicated, amazing husband
* a strong, healthy marriage
* the support of family and friends
* continuing to bless our lives each and every day
* my Faith and the strength it continues to build
* Your amazing Will and amazing Grace
"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks:for this is the will of God."
1. Thessalonians 5.16-18
5.01.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment