4.01.2009

It's been a while.....catching up from Week 20

So I/we seem to have fallen behind on our weekly blogging. So here goes some catch-up!!
We have both been extremely busy with many different things. Tom is just about in full swing for the landscaping season. It appears that it will be a busy one. I have been busy with both work and my side business. In the Daly work world, we just sent out the drawings for bid for the hospital that I have been designing in Fairfax Missouri. As for DBS - I just finished some birthday invitations, a baby shower invite, thank you notes, and wedding invites for a wedding in June. I am so excited about the wedding I have been designing for because I have a hand in many different parts of the wedding as a whole. I have also been busy with odds and ends getting ready for Alivia to make her appearance. I know I have plenty of time but most of you know that I am very type A. I have been on a hunt for hot pink accents to add to the overall image that I have for the room. Livi's bedding came last week so her nursery has really taken shape. Her wardrobe is also starting to take shape. She is already spoiled by our family and friends. I have received some really fun little outfits. Not to mention a few things that I have purchased. Beth came down a couple weekends ago to hit up a kid's sale that happens at our church twice a year. I always seem to find great clothes that are new or barely worn for my niece and nephew. It was soooooo fun to shop for our little one this year instead. I also found some maternity clothes for me which was a true bonus. We are finished registering and excited to start getting things that we put on the registry. Now all I have to do is keep from purchasing things on our list myself. Here are a few pictures of the prep...........
There are still a few things that I am hoping to find to add to the nursery but overall here it is.
Just a few of the fun little outfits that Miss Livi will be wearing when she gets here!!
As for where we are in this pregnancy.......
We had our monthly doctor's appointment this week. It was just a quick one but it was also very informative. I am definitely feeling and looking more pregnant by the day. I have now moved to the obviously pregnant stage no matter what I wear which is a much better place to be than the questionable additional weight category. I am almost at the point that I can't wear any of my pre-pregnancy clothes (even t-shirts) so needless to say I have done some shopping. When they say you will need a new wardrobe they truly mean everything. So here I am at the beginning of 23 weeks........
Some notes from Week 20-23...........
Cravings.........Salad, sweets, food in general
Aversions............nothing much but everything is still giving me heartburn
How I feel...........I am starting to get a little uncomfortable at times but enjoying all to good stuff
Interesting fact.............We can now see Livi kick and move. It is such a awesome thing to see. I was in a meeting at work the first time I saw it. Needless to say I wasn't able to pay much attention to the happenings of the meeting while I was watching my Livi!!
Next Appointment.........May 1, 2009 at 27 weeks- 1 hour Glucose test and last monthly appointment. We will move to every two weeks at that point.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

maybe you should list "multiple vending machine style coffee cakes per day" as a craving... just a thought. :)