4.21.2009

Follow Up.......better late than never

Following up from the last post, I called my doctor Friday the 10th to set my follow up appointment. They gave me strict instructions that I was to take it really easy until I got back in to meet with Dr. K. I was basically allowed to go to work and hang out at home. They didn't want me exercising, shopping, doing housework, walking the dogs, etc. I went to work Friday morning but worked from home in the afternoon and by Saturday afternoon I was stir crazy. I am not sure how women handle being on bed rest for long periods of time. I have a new found respect for my sister-in-law and the amount of time she was on bed rest with Ayla. My follow up appointment was Tuesday morning. They put me back on the monitor which showed that I was still having contractions however they were shorter and more sporadic. Dr. K re-ran the test that we had done the previous week to make sure there was no change and did an ultrasound (but no new pictures). The test once again came back negative and the ultrasound reinforced that there were no changes in my cervix however it did reveal the cause of my “irritation” contractions….Miss Livi has decided that she is ready to enter into this world. She is head down causing lots of pressure. Dr. K is hoping that as she gets bigger that she will have to move up so that she has more room but until then he suggested I do some yoga poses or stand on my head (JK - at least for the standing on my head). Then he proceeded to tell me that he was no longer restricting my activity but asking that I be aware of how I am feeling and not push it. So all in all good news!!

2 comments:

The Skaff Family said...

Sounds like me girly:) At least your cervix hasn't thinned and your not dilated. With Bella I didn't start dilating till about 28 or 29 wks and had her at 34.5 with Gianna well I've been at a 1 for a few weeks but cervix is effaced at 70% and PRESSURE!!!! I didn't have any with Bella till 2 hours before the birth but this one it's been week and so uncomfortable. Bedrest SUCKS! I was on it for a month with Bella and HATED it, and now I'm supposed to be with this one but can't because I have Bella, such is life though right?!?!?!?! All will be ok, she's probably just letting you know that she's gonna do what she wants and to start to get used to it:) hehehe

The Skaff Family said...

What I was trying to say was that it's been weeks with pressure with this little girl and that was the ONE major thing I hated about giving birth was the pressure! With Bella is was just a few hours but Gianna it's ALL THE TIME:( I guess it's just more noticeable second time around.