4.27.2009

Weekends in Review.......

I have to share a little fun time that we had over the last couple weekends. Two weekends ago we went to my home town to have maternity pictures taken and attend a shower in my/Livi’s honor. We borrowed my in-laws van so that 4 adults, one baby, and two dogs could travel 5 hours comfortably. Tom, the dogs, Beth, Randy, Ethan and I all made the trip back together. We all hadn’t been back since my mom’s 60th birthday party in October of 2006. It was fun to all be together again. The maternity pictures with Kelly Highby were so much fun, not exactly what Tom had in mind but we still had a great time. We made a short appearance at my mom’s school and then it was time for dinner at Dude’s. This is my absolute favorite steak house. It is a dive that has been there for as long as I can remember. It has the absolute best prime rib!! I/we over-indulged but it was well worth it. The shower on Saturday was fabulous. It was great to see many friends and family that I hadn’t seen in quite some time. We received many wonderful and generous gifts. Livi is already so very spoiled. We stayed in on Saturday night and set my mom’s new laptop and signed her up on Skype so that she can see her grandkids any time. For now this will work but we keep hinting that we would love for her to be around here (a battle that we are really loosing). All in all it was a wonderful weekend with my family.
Our First Baby Shower


Bath time with Ethan
This last weekend Tom and I had a super fun little house guest!! My niece Ayla spent Friday night and Saturday with us. We packed in a bunch of fun things to do. She is 2 1/2 and such a joy. Jamie dropped her off at my office on Friday and the fun began. We stopped at Target on the way home where she negotiated for two my little ponies and paint. Well the paint was planned. After target we went to dinner with Uncle Tommy, painted big pictures, went to Coldstone, took a bath, and watched Bolt all before bedtime. I was mistaken to think that since she went to bed a little later than normal that she would sleep in a little on Saturday but man was I wrong. 6 am I hear the cutest little voice say "Good Morning Bean Bean, I love you!". It was so sweet but 6 am Saturday, seriously. I think she is preparing us! I managed to get her to go back to sleep for a little while but we were up and moving by 8ish to continue with the rest of our plans. We prepared our "picnic", ran to Old Navy, came home for our indoor picnic (the weather didn't cooperate), took Uncle Tom and Uncle Grant Gatorade, and then we were off to the pool!! We swam for about an hour and then it was time to go home for nap time. All I have to say is "thank goodness for 10 minute breaks". If it wasn't for the break I don't know if I would have been able to get Ayla out of the pool. Again, all in all it was a great weekend!!
Our Indoor Picnic

2 comments:

The Skaff Family said...

yes, imagine this EVERYDAY, it's my life right now! It's just gonna get busier:)

The Splonskowski's said...

LOL! I was thinking the same thing as Lindsey! You just wait Auntie Bean-Bean!!!

Thanks again too, she's still talking about her night with you two!