Just as a brief explanation - in the ARE version 3.1 that I am currently taking there are nine exams (3 graphical and 6 multiple choice) in different areas of architecture. These exams in addition to the 5600 hours of work hours in different areas are the requirements to get my Architectural Licence.
Anyway.........Like I said I have been studying for the past few weeks and really haven't managed to do much else. The house is messier than I would like, there is still laundry to put away, I have designs to finish for DBS, I have posts that I had started for both my blogs and more importantly, Baby Bean thinks I need more sleep. The combination of being older and pregnant have minimized the number of late nights I can bounce back from. In college I would pull multiple all-nighters in a row and still manage to have the energy to spare. Don't get me wrong, I would eventually crash but it would be after quite a few days of minimal sleep. I just can't do that any more. I have had my nose buried in my study material for days and have become a little bit of a zombie and a hermit. Yesterday I decided I needed a study break so Tom and I went over to Jamie and Darren's for dinner and the Super Bowl. Although I felt a little guilty that I was taking a couple hours away from studying, the time away did wonders. I was recharged and managed to study for 5 more hours when I came home. So the tests - General Structures was today and Lateral Forces is Thursday. I'm really not sure what to think about how the test went but I have to think that I studied, I made my best effort, I reviewed my answers and used the entire allotted time. That is all I could do so I am letting it go and waiting for the results while continuing to study for Lateral Forces.
As for Baby Bean........We are doing great!! Now that I am over the morning sickness I am really enjoying my pregnancy. I am getting more and more anxious to find out the sex. Long before we even decided to start a family I had my mind set that I/we wouldn't find out. Now that we are here I can't imagine not. I am getting tired of referring to Baby Bean as it, he/she, or him/her. I know some of being anxious is to start looking at what we will register for. We have held off on buying anything mainly because we don't know girl or boy yet but the location that I take my exams is conveniently located just down the street from Babies R Us so I made a little detour on my way home. I decided to treat myself to gender neutral onesies. I can't wait to shop for more in pinks or blues!!
A few notes for weeks 13 and 14............
Cravings.........tomatoes (roma, cherry, juice, stewed, etc), fruit, salads
Aversions...........I have managed to get over my issues with Chicken - still can't cook it but I can eat it!!
How I feel...........love being pregnant and tired!!
Next Appointment.........February 12, 2009

No comments:
Post a Comment