2.25.2009

Week 17 to 18

This last week was a busy one with a bunch of different things. Last Thursday, Baby Bean and I met some of my girlfriends for dinner and a show. We had been planning this for months and were so excited when the day finally came. We had a awesome dinner at Vincenzo’s and then headed off to the Orpheum to see the Broadway production of Grease. Although there is never any comparison to Olivia Newton John or John Travolta, it was great!! We had an amazing time!! It was really fun to get together with my friends. And as an added bonus – I also saw a couple of really good high school friends that I hadn’t seen in a while. Friday night I was introduced to Tom’s co-workers at a little office get-together. It was great to finally put faces to names. We had great food from Boyd and Charlie’s, great conversations and a lot of laughs!! Saturday I spent a lot of the day designing and finishing up some really fun Super Hero birthday invitations. Saturday night Tom and I finally had our Valentine’s day dinner at Bella Vita and then settled in for a movie at home. Sunday I was a worship leader at church. We recently welcomed Gareth Robinson into our music ministry and are truly blessed with his talents. I have such an awesome time leading worship with him!! After church, I ran around for about 4 hours doing a lot of odds and ends. I made a quick stop at Baby Gap and Gap Maternity. I was lucky to get a lot of great hand me downs from a friend at work but I am still in need of a few key items to add to my wardrobe. Our Gap Maternity is at the back of Baby Gap – forcing me to walk through all of the adorable baby clothes. I did a good job of refraining however there are the cutest play on word organic onesies that I am definitely going to have to get. Monday was back to work but I was excited to be greeted by our basinet when I got home. It is perfect!! Exactly what we were wanting. It is really easy to put together and take apart for ease of travel. Fat Tuesday was a great day as well. We had a chili feast at work. I decided to bring corn chowder that my Mother-in-Law was so awesome to teach me how to make (aka make for me as I watched). I have to say that Baby Bean loves the chowder. I couldn’t get enough. Tuesday night topped off week 17 – the crib and changer came!! Tom and I spent last night putting them together. It is amazing how much more real this all seems (outside my growing belly) when there is baby furniture in the nursery. Now all we have to do is wait until next Tuesday to (hopefully) find out if Baby Bean is going to be a boy or a girl. Be sure to vote in our poll in the previous post.

Until then I leave you with a few new pics, a few sneak peeks and a few notes from the week.
17 weeks
18 weeks (today)
Bassinet
Assembly
Changer/Dresser
Crib

Cravings.........Minute Maid Pink Lemonade, grapes, salads, corn chowder, PB&J sandwiches
Aversions............not too much, however there have been a few times when I have ordered something that sounded amazing and then didn’t tickle my taste buds or the baby’s at all.
How I feel...........enjoying this stage in my pregnancy
Interesting fact.............The baby is moving non-stop, I can’t wait until Tom is able to feel them.
Photo Session…………….I scheduled to have Maternity pictures with Kelly Highby for when I am back in Sidney. We are going to do her baby plan which consists of 4 sessions. We are planning on doing maternity, newborn, 6 month, and 1 year photos with her. I’m so excited.
Next Appointment.........March 3, 2009 (Tom's birthday) - "hopefully" the big reveal

No comments: