12.24.2008

2008 Blessings Bring New Life in 2009

With the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009 we bid farewell to a year full off many blessings. We are so excited to close the 2008 year with the wonderful news that we are expecting our first baby in July of 2009. We have prayed for quite some time that we would be blessed with the miracle of our "Baby Bean". As Tom and I reached personal milestones throughout this last year, the timing couldn't be more perfect. We thank God each and every day for this amazing blessing. We are about 9 1/2 weeks along and doing really well. We are currently under the care of a specialists who monitors fairly closely for the first trimester. We go in every two weeks to have blood work and an ultrasound. This isn't because we are at risk it is just simply their protocol. We will stay with her for about 2 1/2 weeks longer and then we will go back to my regular OB. I have to say that we are currently a little spoiled in that we get to see Baby Bean every two weeks. I have been going through many of the good and not so good parts of being pregnant but I have to admit that each time I experience either the good or the bad I am filled with so much gratitude and happiness. Sometimes I can't believe that we are here and preparing for a baby. Tom and I have been having fun telling our family and friends, looking through name books, reading about what to expect, and documenting our experience.

Pictures to share.......

This is our 6 week ultrasound. It was awesome to see the first picture of our little "spot". According to the nurse Baby Bean was already an over-achiever because we were able to see the heartbeat. It was enough to take both of our breath away.

This is our 8 week ultrasound. It is amazing how much Baby Bean grew over the past two weeks. The baby is starting to look less like a "spot" and more like a baby. Not only did we get to see the heartbeat at this appointment, we were able to hear it. I have to admit that it brought tears to my eyes. Tom made comment to how fast the heartbeat was but the nurse assured us that it was a very healthy heartbeat.

So I will leave you with a few notes about our journey this far........

First Cravings.........Hot Dogs, Popsicles, & Clementines

First Aversions............Chili & Chicken (if I see it before it is cooked)

Hard Moments so far...........Food Week at work - oh so many smells mixed together

How I feel................Blessed, Excited, Happy, Emotional, and Exhausted but loving every moment.

Next Appointment..........10 week appointment - December 30, 2008

4 comments:

The Skaff Family said...

Well, Congrats, Congrats!!!! It's such a big journey that you are about to venture on but so totally worth it. We wish you all the best and Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy. The first time is always so exciting, the second for some reason seems to fly by!!!!!:)

Lindsey said...

Congratulations! Tommy and Sabrina you will both be AMAZING parents! I'm over the moon that you are pregnant I knew it would happen for you! Like you said timing couldn't be better:)

Love,
Lindsey

Lindsey said...

Also... I would love to follow your blog but that button isn't up on your page? Or maybe I don't know what I'm looking for!:)

Alice said...

oh joy! I am so happy for you - in so many ways...yes, I definitely want updates please. May god continue to bless you through the preparation for Baby Bean's arrival!