12.30.2008

10 Weeks

Tom and I had our 10 week appointment today. It went really well. Baby Bean is growing right on track, measuring at 10 weeks 3 days and having a heart rate of 177. All of my blood work came back looking really good as well.

At the last appointment we were given the option to do an Ultrascreen Test (click to get more information). In a nut shell this is a test performed in the first trimester of pregnancy that screens pregnancies to identify those at increased risk of having Down syndrome or Trisomy 18 or other chromosomal abnormalities. Tom and I had been sitting on this for two weeks now and had to make the decision today. The specialist we have been working with highly recommends it to all her patients but my regular OB only recommends it to certain patients depending on their situation. We are showing nothing but a healthy pregnancy so we struggled for a bit about this. It is so hard not to just do what the doctor's suggest. Being a person that likes to be prepared and know everything about the situation you would think that I would want the test, however, that isn't the case. I felt as though I was talking my self into the test. Tom asked what my gut said. It took a little sorting out but this is where I landed........We are so blessed to be on this journey. We have prayed for so long to fulfill God's will for us and that in His time we would be blessed with a child. We have placed our faith, hope and trust in Him to this point so that is where we will stay. No matter the challenges that come with this child, we were blessed to be Baby Bean's parents and we will love him/her with all our hearts.

So because we are not choosing to do the test we have been released to Dr. Khandalavala (aka - Jimmy or Dr K.). I am so very excited to be back in his care. We are so grateful to Dr. Doherty and her staff who helped us begin our journey but Jimmy has been my doctor for years and I have grown to adore him and his staff.


So here is our latest and last photo of our Baby Bean for awhile. She/He is looking more and more like a little human each time we see her/him.


A few fun notes........

Cravings.........Popsicles, Clementines, Pickle rolls, Taco Bell

Aversions............Still having issues with Chicken

Interesting fact.............Tom telling me about where we are in our pregnancy from what he has read. He is going to be a wonderful and knowledgeable dad!!

How I feel...........more and more pregnant by the day!!

Next Appointment..........January 7, 2009 for my first appointment with Dr. K

1 comment:

Alice said...

Wow - way to go in faith guys...Baby BeaN DOES look more and more human with each photo you post...Dr. K's appointment is right around the corner. :)