12.29.2008

Christmas Blessings

I hope that you all had wonderful holidays!! The Ahern/Wilson clan had a fabulous Christmas. Over the past few years we have developed our Christmas tradition.

Christmas Eve we go to Tom's Uncle Charlie and Aunt Vicki's house and eat, eat, eat. We have a range of things to eat but we always have our staples....fish fry, cheese potatoes, shrimp salad, and my contribution Won Tons. This Christmas Eve was extremely special to us because we were able to announce that we were expecting to Tom's extended family in person. It was a pretty amazing and hilarious chain of events. I started by telling Tom's Aunt Shelly and Aunt Vida and then let it spread from there. There were lots of cheers and tears but it was Grandma Jane's reaction that was priceless. I think she thought everyone else knew and didn't tell her. In the midst of her cheers and tears she kept asking why no one had told her. It took a little bit but we finally convinced her that she was finding out with everyone else.

After spending time at the Gegzna household we went to the 9:00pm service at church where I had the privilege of leading worship as a vocalists with two other Bethany worship leaders. It was an absolutely uplifting service. We had wonderful music. I soloed my Mom's favorite Christmas song which I tried to surprise her with but she spoiled it by asking. We also were given the gift of watching 5 siblings ranging from 5 to 16 get baptized. They each gave a testimony as to why they wanted to baptized and just amazed all of us. It was an awesome way to end the evening.

Christmas Morning depends on the year. This year was our year to host my family so Beth, Randy, and Ethan traveled to join Tom, my Mom and me at in Omaha. First in the morning we headed to Tom's parent's house to open presents. I always love when I get to see both my niece Ayla and my nephew Ethan at the same time. We were blessed with wonderful gifts but I have to say that my favorite items have to be work pants with stretchy waists. After spending the morning with the Ahern's and Splonskowski's, Tom and I went back to our house with my family to open our gifts to each other. It was really fun to see Ethan open his first Christmas presents. We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out watching movies. It was great to spend time with my family. We ended the day with a fabulous Prime Rib dinner at Tom's parents.

Here are a couple of photos of Ayla and Ethan.
We are still yet to get a photo with them both looking at the camera.
This is Ethan's new drum. He loves to tap on things so I think he is determined to be a drummer.

No comments: