My heart is heavy. This last Friday, 16 of my colleagues were laid off from my office. SHOCKED was the word of the day. I was surprised by the individuals as well as the office's decision. We had been one of only a few firms I know that hadn't found the need to reduce the number of employees due to the economy. I don't work on Fridays and so I was not in the office when the lay offs took place. Selfishly I am grateful. I don't know if I would have been able to handle some of them. Because I wasn't there I was immediately concerned about my position....would that be me on Monday? Again, because I was so shocked by a number of the lay off choices, I didn't feel too confident. After a few emails and conversations with other co-workers, I am grateful and praising God that I still have my job. This just reinforced my feeling that God was trying to break further into my life and depth of faith. I have been hearing His invitation to walk...
"Mommy....walk, Daddy....walk, Let's go"
As Alivia grabs our hands and takes us on our walk, I am reminded how I need to be more childlike in my faith. Our Loving Father desires our trust because we are his precious children that He loves. I do trust, however, sometimes my pride gets in His way and mine. We tend to think..."I can do it myself", "it will get done if I do it" or "it won't get done the way I like it unless I do it myself." I am guilty of doing this with big and small things in my life. I re-clean or re-organize after Tom has so willingly already done the task because it isn't the way I would do it...but it wasn't wrong and it was done well. WHY do I feel the need? I push for things that may come in the future but are not right for today because maybe it will happen sooner if I make it happen. Nothing truly happens on my time because things ALWAYS happen according to His plan. As women, we are caregivers, problem solvers and do alls. Sometimes we try to take care, fix, or do something because it is easier than feeling our fears and anxieties. On many occasions I find myself stepping out of my place and into others. Again, I have the "I can do it myself" mentality. I find myself hearing God say "Walk with me, Trust me, I am YOUR loving Father and I will provide for you. I have a plan and I desire for you to submit to giving up full control and letting me drive. I WILL NOT lead you astray." Today, I choose to walk with my loving Father with trust, to submit to His will in accordance to the Word while honoring Him. I release my fears and anxieties of what the future holds trusting that He will always provide.
In the same way, you who are younger submit yourselves to you elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another because, "God opposes the proud but show favor to the humble and oppressed." Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's might hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
~ 1 Peter 5:5-7, TNIV
3.12.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment