Enough about me and more about Alivia. We have been busy busy busy. A few weeks ago we started to go to Mommy and Me at our church with some really amazing mom's and kiddos. Livi doesn't do much socializing but I sure enjoy it. We have also been spending time with a few of my friends with kiddos that are within a year or so in age. Tuesday (Sept 15) we had Alivia's two month doctor's appointment and the much dreaded shots. She is meeting all her milestones and is climbing the growth chart. She weighed in at 12lbs. 13 oz. and measured 22 3/4 inches tall. She is currently in the 86% for weight and the 56% for height. She got her immunizations which consisted of one by mouth and three shots to her chubby little thighs. They always said that you will become familiar with different cries and what each cry means. Well, we were introduced to the "OUCH, Mommy, Daddy, THAT HURTS!! What was that for?" cry. Not so fun for any of us. She had a little bit of a rough night which also meant that it was a bit of a rough night for Mom too. We resumed back to normal after she spent most of Wednesday sleeping. Friday Alivia and I went to a Rho Theta Alum FAC with girls in my pledge class and a few below us. Although she is a little young, I figure it can't hurt to introduce the idea of one day becoming a Theta sister!! Although I/we will encourage her to do and go where she feels comfortable I would love to see her as a Kappa Alpha Theta Legacy following her Great Grandma Maxine and me!! We spent much of this weekend preparing for her baptism next weekend. I am so excited about all the details that are falling into place. Her dress is absolutely perfect (pictures to come) and the gifts we picked out are really fun. So other than being a little social butterfly Alivia is smiling all of the time, recognizing some faces, talking more and more, kicking her legs and starting to attempt to roll. She loves laying on her back but doesn't so much love tummy time. I think she finds staring at the ground less fascinating than the toys that hang on her play mat or the ceiling fan. Here are some pictures from the last few weeks.
Spending time at the zoo with the Wilson side of the family

1 comment:
So cute! And I'd be happy to write a KKG rec for her :)
Post a Comment