7.06.2009

An update before she comes!!

Things have been pretty interesting since the last post. We had to adjust my medication a couple of times until we found the right dose with minimal side effects. They were able to slow down the contractions but not stop them. So I started to work less hours in the office and more hours at home. That actually end up being more productive at times because I would work later than I would at the office. Last week we went to our weekly appointment and made a plan for what would happen after I stopped taking the medication. Dr K. knows me so well that I didn't even have to ask about a plan but instead he had one already in mind. The plan was to come off the medication at 36 weeks (last Thursday) and then let the contractions start their process. He also decided that we would schedule an amnio at 37 weeks to see if her lungs were developed. If the amnio number comes back 55 or higher we would induce. I have been going to the doctor's office twice a week for NST (Non-Stress Test) to monitor me and Alivia for activity and contractions while I was on the meds and having contractions. Thursday (36 weeks) I went in for my second weekly appointment having taking my last dose of medication early that morning and my contractions were already at 5 minutes apart with mild mini contractions halfway in between. SO we decided to stay on the meds for a few more days. There was a chance we could progress a little quicker than we expected. I had more reasons to continue the meds than to stop before the end of the weekend. Most importantly I wanted Livi to get as close to 37 weeks as possible. We did a few last minute "to-do's" that needed to be done and a few that we wanted to do. I worked lots of extra hours Thursday, Friday and Saturday to meet a deadline, Tom and I had date night on Friday night, we went to Beaver Lake with Tom's family on the 4th, watched the fireworks at Boy's Town that night, and finished up a few odds and ends on Sunday. We are scheduled to check into the hospital Thursday night for the amnio and induction. I have hesitated slightly to post that because typically 37 weeks is early for an induction however we are not asking for this, it is because of how our pregnancy has gone up until this point. Dr. K. feels that because of the contractions that I have been having since 24 weeks, the fact that Livi is measuring 1.5-2 weeks ahead, and the physical discomfort I have had because of the contractions, her position and her size, this is the way we should proceed. I have had a lot of mixed emotions about this in that I am so very excited to meet our little miracle but I also want what is in her best interest in staying where she is as long as she/I can. Since I went off the meds the contractions picked up at 8 minutes apart and progressed to 5 minutes apart last night but they have plateaued there since. I have an appointment tomorrow to see if I have progressed any further and to monitor the contractions. I am hoping that the contractions are doing something but know that we are on God's time and she will come when he has her arrival planned. My mom is currently in Firth with Beth and Randy waiting until we call or Wednesday to come to Omaha. We are all excited and ready to meet Miss Alivia Miyoko. SO...............the next post will more than likely be about her arrival!!! Stay tuned!!

Until then here is my last bullet list.......
Cravings.........Watermelon, Water, Popsicles, salad
Aversions............I think I am over aversions
How I feel...........round as a ball
How I look.............
What I love............knowing that we will meet our sweet little girl in the matter of days!!Interesting fact.............the car seat and our bags are packed and in the car!!
What I love............knowing that we will meet our sweet little girl in the matter of days!!
Interesting fact.............the car seat and our bags are in the car!!
Next Appointment.........July 7, 2009 at 36 weeks 5 days

No comments: