3.08.2009

Let us introduce.......

This week has been so much fun finding out that we are having a healthy girl!! It was so amazing the change in reality knowing the sex. I love that we no longer have an "it" but now have a she or her. So now that we know we are having a girl we would like to introduce her as Alivia Miyoko Ahern. Alivia (aka Livi) means Peace and Miyoko (pronounced Me-Yo- Ko) means Beautiful Child. It is some what of a tradition in my mom's side of the family to have Japanese middle names so we decided to continue this idea so that Alivia will know that part of her heritage. We had gone back and forth with the idea of keeping her name a secret but ultimately decided that we wanted our friends and family to know.

Tom's sister and I made a trip to Babies-R-Us on Tuesday night to update our registry with some girly additions. One of my finds while updating our registry was the lamp to the bedding I had been considering for the nursery. Well - it was a win! It works well with the color scheme that the room is painted so I ordered the rest of the bedding through Target and it should be arriving in the beginning of April. This weekend I finished up our Target registry, found curtains that match the bedding and then had one of my creative ideas that I am super excited to share. I follow a blog of this woman that paints personalized canvases and thought "I can do that". After thinking through it a little further I thought I would design them on the computer and then print them on canvas rather than paint them in the interest in time. So last night while the boys watched the UFC fight I designed a couple canvases for the nursery. I printed them and stretched them today so that Tom and I could hang them tonight!

the lamp that matches the bedding

the canvas above the cribthe canvas on the opposite wallthe poem reads -
You are the poem we dreamed of writing. The masterpiece we longed to paint. You are the shining start we reached for in our ever hopeful quest for life fulfilled. You are our child. Now with all things we are blessed.

Some notes from Week 19...........

Cravings.........Orange Juice, beets (very odd), salad

Aversions............not too much but everything seems to give me heartburn

How I feel...........so excited that we are having a girl and can't wait to meet her

Interesting fact.............The baby is moving non-stop and Tom and I have both been able to feel

Next Appointment.........March 31, 2009

2 comments:

Kenzie said...

Sabrina-

Her name is absolutely beautiful!! And those canvases, just amazing! I am so excited for y'all and hope to meet her some day when we are up visiting... She is a very blessed girl to have you for a mama.

Love lots!
Kenzie

Alice said...

Sabrina, I LOVE the canvases. What a beautiful room she is going to have to live in...and a blessed little girl indeed. I cannot wait to meet her and see you with her Mama!