1.18.2012

Christmas in review!

It's only 18 days into the new year but I feel like I am way behind on our Christmas post.  The Christmas season was SO fun this year because Alivia "got" it!  She started to understand Santa, we could even use him as leverage for good behavior.  But, more importantly, she started to understand the true meaning of Christmas -  the birth of our Savior!  She loved all of the lights, ornaments, music, goodies, etc.!  We wrote to Santa and received both a letter in the mail and a video via email.  We had an plush elf named Buddy that she fell in love with.  Next year I think we are going to request an elf that we don't "play with" since Buddy missed a few reports because he went missing in the house.  I can't wait to do it all over again next year when she "gets" it even more!

I couldn't find an Advent Calendar that I really liked so I decided to make on...Needless to say, it wasn't actually usable until about half way through December.  And it isn't actually finished - notice there are only buttons on the bottom half.  Hoping to finish it sometime before next Christmas!



 Making cookies for Santa
 Alivia decorated these cookies specifically for Santa...
boy were they covered with frosting and sprinkles!
 Setting up the plate for Santa and his reindeer
 Screaming for excitement that Santa is FINALLY coming

 Buddy hanging out with the "leftovers"...which I had to explain was part of the proof that Santa was there.  Alivia was a little disappointed that the cookies were all gone.
 the goods!

Opening her bitty baby from Santa! 
Princess Livi taking a break from playing 
Christmas was GREAT to this little girl! 
and sharing the experience with her was PRICELESS for us!

No comments: