I remember a man, a son, a husband, and a father.......my father.

I love........love my Papa Dean, love the time we shared and the way he raised us to put family first.

I'm sad.........sad that it has been 12 years since I have seen his smiling face, sad that he didn't get to meet the man I chose to marry, and sad that he doesn't get to be the amazing grandfather I know he would have been.

I miss him........I miss they way he helped me with my "little" projects, I miss the way he supported me in everything I did, I miss the way he smiled and laughed, and I miss him, just him.

I am grateful.........for 18 years and the memories we will always cherish, when life gives me little reminders, when my daughter smiles and I see him, and knowing that my children with "know" their Papa Dean.

I know.........I know my dad went Home 12 years ago, I know he is fulfilling God's Will, I know we will one day see each other again, I know he watches over us and protects us..........I know he loves me, just as we will always love him.

3 comments:
Thinking about you, Sabrina. You and our other friends that have lost parents are in my mind all the time. You are incredibly strong.
What a beautiful post bean. I admire your strength and resolve. You do such a great job helping us all "know" your dad, even though we never got to meet. Love you!
Oh Brina, This made me cry. We grew up as a family. I'll never forget all the fun, laughter and love that our families shared. He would have LOVED Ethan & Livi.
Love you,
Janet
Post a Comment