It's 11:30 on a Saturday night and all is quiet. Alivia has been down for a while and Tom went to bed about an hour ago. I spent the day purging and reorganizing the house so I decided to unwind by sitting in front of my computer with nothing but the sound of the hard drive and the keys as I type. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about a lot of different things. Mainly about me, my attitude, being a wife, being a mom, being a child of God and what I want. I read many other blogs, devotionals, and gratitude lists that have me re-evaluating the way I go about my day, week, month, etc.
I have so many things that I want to do....
I want to be a loving and supportive wife and mother.
I want to continue to build a deeper relationship with God.
I want to be more open about my faith.
I want to make my design business more lucrative.
I want to do more mission work.
I want to get back into my passion for photography.
I want to make changes to our house.
I want to have a better attitude.
I want to have more compasion for others.
I want to set up of finances for the future.
I want to make a difference somewhere or for someone.
I want to help find healing for my Church.
I want to get involved with high school students at Church.
I want to attend more Al-anon meetings and do more service work.
I want to spend more time with friends and make more friends.
I want to blog more and be more transparent.
The list goes on....
I know I can't do it all but for some reason I still want try. How do I decide? What's my purpose? Where are my priorities and how do I maintain them? I don't have any of the answers so for now I pray. I will pray for God's Will and know that even though I "want" those things, God will lead me to what He "wants" for and from me.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
1.17.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment