1.16.2009

12 weeks

WOW!! 12 weeks!! Sometimes it still feels so surreal that we are having a baby. This past week has been a week of many emotions. I have to say that a wave of relief hit this week but along with that feeling of relief came feelings of concern. Kind of a back log - I had been experiencing a lot of morning sickness in weeks 10 and 11 to the point that I had expressed concern with my doc. I wasn't really able to work as productively as I wanted or even needed to so they prescribed some medication to help control the nausea. Then (knock on wood) Tuesday morning I woke up feeling much better than I had in weeks. I haven't had to take any medication since Monday. Hopefully, I have seen the end of the bad stuff. So this week I have been relieved that we made it to 12 weeks and the morning sickness has seem to minimize but I all the sudden became acutely aware of things that come with having a child that didn't seem as real until now. I sat down to do our yearly budget and when I started to think about child care, diapers, formula, and any other baby necessity I had to take a deep breath and thank God that we have 6 more months to prepare. I had to remember that we didn't have to have all of answers this minute or even this month but that as long as we could plan things out we would provide just fine. Not to mention when I voiced these concerns to friends they assured me that many parents go through those thoughts and feelings and it always seems to work out. I am definitely feeling much better about everything now. This week also brought much awareness to many of my co-workers that we are pregnant. Up until about 10-11 weeks I was very conscious of how I dressed trying not to call too much attention to the the bump that was starting to form. Now that we are at the end of the first trimester I am more comfortable with it being know outside my family and friends so I am less conscious of my baby bump being visible. Needless to say this week it is most definitely more visible so I thought I would share...........On Wednesday, we had our 12 week appointment that I must say was the quickest I have ever been in and out of Dr. K's office. I wasn't sure really what to expect because we were so closely monitored with Dr. Doherty. We had a nice conversation with Jimmy. He and his staff are pretty excited that we only had to work with the specialist for a short time. We listened to the heartbeat, he explained what we could expect for the next couple of appointments and then we were out of there. I was really glad that Tom was able to come with me to the appointment but I felt a little bit bad that he made the trip for such a short appointment. I know he enjoys hearing the heartbeat as well so I am sure that made it worth it.

So again I leave you with a few notes for the week............

Cravings.........Steak Rice Bowls, carrots and ranch dip, fruit, Chili (weird since it was an aversion at one time)

Aversions...........Still Chicken

Interesting fact.............I recently found out that a good friend is due a few days before us. I am very excited that we will have kids the same age.

How I feel...........so much better than 10 and 11 weeks.

Last Appointment..........January 15, 2009 - First appointment with Dr. K.

Next Appointment.........February 12, 2009

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awwwwww....you look adorable!

The Splonskowski's said...

Look at you!!! So sweet...lovin that baby bump!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Cute little belly! Love, Aunt Vicki

Alice said...

we are so excited for you and Tom. You look adorable.